Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fun Story from Pearl (New York)

Back when the Armory Show was actually held in the downtown Armory, I was stuck installing the Stux booth by myself; everyone had left the building for the evening except for Adriaan. I had only met him once the year before, and only knew him as the big guy who gave me a free t-shirt of himself being spanked.
.
We decided to walk out together, and phones started to ring at the booths of the rich galleries who could afford to install landlines (oh, life before cell phones)... Adriaan picked up Pace Wildenstein's phone and said, "Club Satyricon, how may I help you?" Then he picked up another and said, "Everything is sold! Don't call back!" We ran out of there, laughing so hard -- and I knew he would be my friend forever.
. Pearl & Estelle. New York, March 2006. Setting up Pulse Art Fair. (photo: Estelle)

No comments: