Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From Richard Goodall - Uuunbelievable

It is hard to write this. Adriaan was my mentor, my inspiration when I opened my gallery in 2000. From the earliest moments, he was generous with advice and contacts. He introduced me to wonderful people like Margi and Anton and Eelco, not to mention Mitsy and Mo.
The first photo was taken in Amsterdam in April 2000. Adriaan explaining to me the finer points of white beer with a slice of orange..'Uuunbelievable', as only he could say.
We had an ongoing competition of who could make the most sales. Whoever was ahead was crowned 'Uno'. He made me the packet of pills based on the Dana Wyse series. Ah, but Adriaan, you will always be 'Uno'. Sharon and I will look forward to meeting old friends in Rotterdam next month.
Richard Goodall

No comments: